Recipe of the Month
Chicken & Prawn Dumplings
– 1 packet Chinese jiaozi dumpling wrappers
– 350g chicken mince
– 300g prawn meat
– 1 cup cabbage (finely chopped)
– 1 onion (finely chopped)
– 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
– 1 tbsp oyster sauce
– 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
– 2 tsp sesame oil
– 2 tsp light soy sauce
– 2 tsp ginger (finely grated)
– ½ tsp pepper
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 2 tbsp vinegar
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (optional)
1. Smash prawns with the side of a knife.
2. Mix together in a large bowl with chicken mince, then add remaining ingredients.
3. Mix in one direction until sticky and springy.
4. Place 1 tsp of filling in the middle of pastry and fold, pressing and crimping the edges into the middle. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
5. Place 1 tbsp cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan and heat oil over medium heat. Add dumplings and pan fry until slightly golden. Add ½ cup hot water, cover with lid and cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
6. Remove lid and cook on medium low until the bottoms crisp up.
7. Serve with dipping sauce.
Tip: To boil the dumplings, place them in boiling water until they float to the surface. Add a cup of cold water and bring to boil. Dumplings are ready. If dumplings are frozen, add an additional cup of cold water and allow to boil for a third time.
Market Place is located within our Level 3 Fresh Food Market.
With a wide array of the freshest locally sourced produce, you are sure to find your favourite fruit and vegetables and discover many more!
Be sure to check out The Market Place Halal Butcher inside the store on your next visit.