Recipe of the Week
Piper’s Tuna Pasta
– 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 2 servings of linguine or preferred pasta
– 150g of halved cherry tomatoes
– 3/4 cloves of diced purple garlic
– 2/3 stems of sliced spring onions
– salt and pepper
– 1 x 160g tin of tuna in oil
Also works as a vegetarian option, just remove the tuna.
1. Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a pan and heat on low/medium heat.
2. Add the diced garlic to pan until cooked.
3. Lower the heat and add the tomatoes and ¾ of the spring onions to the pan.
4. Allow to simmer on low while the pasta is being cooked (make sure not to overcook the tomatoes).
5. Boil water in a saucepan on high with a small amount of salt and oil.
6. Add linguine to the saucepan and cook until al dente.
7. Using tongs, add linguine to the pan with the tomatoes, garlic and spring onion.
8. Add the rest of the oil and mix until linguine is thoroughly coated.
9. Drain half the oil from the tuna and add it to the pasta.
10. Mix until combined and serve.
11. Add salt and pepper and the rest of the spring onions to serve.
Market Place is located within our Level 3 Fresh Food Market.
With a wide array of the freshest locally sourced produce, you are sure to find your favourite fruit and vegetables and discover many more!
Be sure to check out The Market Place Halal Butcher inside the store on your next visit.