Recipe of the Week
• 225g butter
• ½c caster sugar
• ½c brown sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
• 2 whole eggs
• 2 cups mashed banana
• 1/3c golden syrup
• ½c chopped walnuts
• 1 ¾c self raising flour (sifted)
• 1tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Cream the butter, caster and brown sugar in an electric mixer until all ingredients have come together and formed a smooth paste.
3. Add vanilla essence and eggs, then beat gently with an electric mixer.
4. Add the mashed banana, walnuts and golden syrup then fold together.
5. Sift the flour and cinnamon into the wet ingredients and combine all.
6. Lightly grease a loaf tin and add the mixture.
7. Place the tin into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes.
*For a nut free option, leave out walnuts
*Best served lightly toasted with butter
Market Place is located within our Level 3 Fresh Food Market.
With a wide array of the freshest locally sourced produce, you are sure to find your favourite fruit and vegetables and discover many more!
Be sure to check out The Market Place Halal Butcher inside the store on your next visit.